The California Council of Land Trusts’ program for policy advocacy and governmental relations addresses a variety of topics, activities and legislation that impact land trusts and the conservation of land and water. In service to our members and partners, CCLT monitors issues, performs legal/bill analysis, develops solutions, provides information and takes action as appropriate in administrative, legislative and legal arenas.
CCLT’s Statement of Policy Principles and Goals is an articulation of the policies, goals and evaluation criteria that guide our decision-making process about those items to which we may devote resources. It also serves to inform our members, associates and partners.
- Land Trust Benefits
- Focus on State and Precedence
- Community Impact
- Continued, New and Increased Resources
- Land Trust Credibility
- Maintaining and Increasing Funding and Tools
- Defending Protected Lands
- Sustaining a Strong Operating Environment
- Capturing Emerging Opportunities